Saturday 26 November 2011

Spotify posts losses despite impressive growth

Spotify posts losses despite impressive growth

Spotify has reported that it made an operating loss of £26.5 million in 2010.

But the company's full-year revenue came in at £63.2 million, up by an impressive £50 million compared to 2009.

The hike in revenue has likely been a result of Spotify's ramped up advertising and growing subscriber numbers.

On the up 'n' up

At last count, Spotify reported that it had over 2 million paying subscribers now on its books, with the music service's US launch set to bolster its figures even further.

It's looking good for the future in Europe too, with Spotify saying: "The company and the group have successfully renegotiated and renewed licensing agreements with all major European record label groups.

"The group has ambitious growth plans and has signed license agreements with a number of US record label groups for the US market."

However, the music streaming service faces new and varied competition from the likes of Deezer, Boinc, Google Music, Amazon Cloud Locker and Apple's iTunes Match.



14 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Spotify premium apk

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tips and information..i really appreciate it.. music

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. Epictext News

    ReplyDelete
  4. We target spotify premium users in this spotify promotion. So you will get premium plays. Premium plays have better royalties,better safe. This is best service we introduced to the market. Most of time time you will get full song play and 1 stream from 1 spotify user that will help to increase monthly listeners organically.Spotify promo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed an article as much as this one. You have gone beyond my expectations on this topic and I agree with your points. You’ve done well with this. see it here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. buy spotify plays

    ReplyDelete
  7. You delivered such an impressive piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain information. Thanks for sharing such information with us due to which my several concepts have been cleared. best spotify promotion service

    ReplyDelete
  8. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. spotify promotion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for an interesting blog. What else may I get that sort of info written in such a perfect approach? I have an undertaking that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the lookout for such info. buy spotify streams

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. buy spotify plays

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is an excellent blog, I have ever seen. I found all the material on this blog utmost unique and well written. And, I have decided to visit it again and again. buy spotify streams

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great articles and great layout. Your blog post deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. buy spotify plays

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for the tips and information..i really appreciate it.
    Buy Spotify Plays

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post mate, keep up the great work, just shared this with my friendz Buy Spotify Plays

    ReplyDelete